How to Erase Apple Watch
If you’re planning to sell or give away your Apple Watch or just want to start over fresh, it’s important to know how to erase your device. Erasing your Apple Watch is a simple process, but it’s crucial to follow the steps correctly to avoid any issues. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to erase your Apple Watch safely and securely.
Preparing to Erase Apple Watch
Before you erase your Apple Watch, make sure you have a few things in order:
- Make sure your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50%.
- Connect your Apple Watch to its charger.
- Unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
To unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Select your Apple Watch.
- Tap the “i” icon next to your watch.
- Select “Unpair Apple Watch.”
- Confirm the unpairing process.
Erasing Apple Watch
Once you’ve prepared your Apple Watch, you can proceed with erasing it:
- Press and hold the side button until the Power Off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your Apple Watch.
- Press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the side button and immediately press and hold the Digital Crown.
- Continue holding the Digital Crown until the Apple Watch enters recovery mode.
- Select “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the erasing process.
What to Do After Erasing Apple Watch
After erasing your Apple Watch, you’ll need to set it up again. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- Select your language and region.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Apple Watch.
Erasing your Apple Watch is a simple process, but it’s important to follow the steps carefully to avoid any issues. Make sure to prepare your Apple Watch before erasing it, and follow the on-screen instructions during the erasing process. After erasing your Apple Watch, you can set it up again by following the steps we’ve outlined above.