How to Make Delicious and Nutritious Apple Cider Recipe
If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy drink, then apple cider is an excellent choice. This sweet and tangy beverage is easy to make, and it’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re serving it at a party or sipping a glass on a cool autumn evening, apple cider is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
The Health Benefits of Apple Cider
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s take a moment to talk about the health benefits of apple cider. This delicious drink is packed with nutrients, including vitamin C, potassium, and iron. It’s also a great source of antioxidants, which can help protect your body from damage caused by free radicals.
Ingredients You’ll Need
The good news is that making apple cider at home is super easy. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 12-15 medium-sized apples
- 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Now that you have your ingredients, let’s get started:
- Wash the apples and slice them into quarters. Remove the stems and seeds.
- Cut the orange into slices.
- In a large pot, add the apples, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and nutmeg.
- Add enough water to the pot to cover the ingredients by about an inch.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for 1-2 hours. The longer you simmer the mixture, the stronger the flavor will be.
- After the mixture has simmered, strain it through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Be sure to press down on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Stir in the brown sugar, and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, pour it into a bottle or pitcher and refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve.
Tips for Making the Best Apple Cider
Here are a few tips that will help you make the best apple cider:
- Choose a mix of sweet and tart apples for the best flavor.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different spices. You can add ginger, allspice, or cardamom for a unique taste.
- Let the mixture simmer for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Stir the mixture occasionally while it’s simmering to prevent the fruit from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Use a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth to strain the mixture. This will remove any pulp or solids, leaving you with a smooth and delicious beverage.
Making apple cider at home is a fun and easy way to enjoy a delicious and nutritious drink. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a beverage that’s perfect for any occasion. So next time you’re in the mood for something sweet and tangy, give this apple cider recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you!