HP iLO Default Username and Password
HP Integrated Lights-out (iLO) is a built-in feature in HP servers that provides a web interface to manage the server remotely. iLO enables users to monitor server health, power cycle the server, control device access, and gain full virtual media support from anywhere at any time. However, to access the iLO web interface, you need to enter the default username and password. This article provides information on the default username and password for iLO access.
What is HP iLO?
HP iLO is a management engine that provides remote management capabilities to HP servers. It provides a web-based interface that allows users to monitor and manage the server from anywhere in the world. iLO provides several features, including graphical remote console, virtual media support, power management, and hardware monitoring.
Default Username and Password for HP iLO
When you first set up your HP server, the iLO default login credentials are created automatically. The default username is usually “Administrator,” and the default password is “password.” It is crucial to change the default login credentials immediately after accessing the iLO web interface to prevent unauthorized access to the server.
How to Change the iLO Default Login Credentials
It is highly recommended to change the iLO default login credentials to secure your server. To change the default login credentials, follow the steps below:
- Access the iLO web interface using the default username and password.
- Click on “Administration” and select “User Administration.”
- Select the “Administrator” user and click on “Modify User.”
- Enter the new username and password and click on “Apply Changes.”
What to Do If You Forget Your iLO Username and Password
If you forget your iLO username and password, you can recover them using the following steps:
- Connect to the server’s console.
- Reboot the server and wait for the iLO prompt to appear.
- Press the “F8” key to enter the iLO setup utility.
- Select “Reset iLO Administrator Password” and follow the prompts to reset the password.
Best Practices for Configuring iLO Login Credentials
Configuring secure login credentials for iLO is essential to protect your server from unauthorized access. Here are some best practices for configuring iLO login credentials:
- Change the default login credentials immediately after accessing the iLO web interface.
- Use strong passwords that are difficult to guess.
- Limit the number of users with iLO access and assign specific roles to each user.
- Use two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of security to the login process.
- Regularly monitor iLO logs for suspicious activity.
HP iLO is a powerful tool that allows users to manage their servers remotely from anywhere in the world. However, it is crucial to secure your iLO login credentials to prevent unauthorized access. Change the default login credentials immediately after accessing the iLO web interface and follow the best practices mentioned above to ensure the security of your server.