To become a Lyft driver, there are several requirements that must be met. These include:
- Age requirement: Drivers must be at least 21 years old.
- Driver’s license requirement: Drivers must have a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof of insurance.
- Vehicle requirements: Drivers must have a 4-door vehicle that is in good condition, and in most cases, it should be a 2005 model or newer. Additionally, there are some vehicle requirements, such as the vehicle being able to pass an initial vehicle inspection, have no cosmetic damages, and have working seat belts and air conditioning.
- Background check requirement: Lyft will conduct a background check on all drivers, which will include checking for any criminal history and driving records. Drivers must pass the background check in order to be approved as a Lyft driver.
- Insurance requirements: Drivers must have personal auto insurance that meets the minimum coverage requirements set by Lyft. If you are using a personal vehicle to drive with Lyft, you will be required to provide a copy of your insurance policy.
- Smartphone requirements: Drivers must have a smartphone, such as an iPhone or Android device, to use the Lyft driver app.
It’s important to note that requirements may vary based on the city, state or country where you want to drive, it’s always best to check with Lyft for the specific requirements in your area.