Samsung IMEI Number Check: Everything You Need to Know
Are you planning to buy a Samsung phone? Or have you already bought one? Then, you must know about the IMEI number and how to check it. In this article, we will guide you through everything you need to know about Samsung IMEI number check.
What is an IMEI number?
IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity, a unique number assigned to every mobile phone. It is a 15-digit number that is used for identifying the phone and its location. IMEI number is very important when it comes to tracking a lost or stolen phone.
Why do you need to check your Samsung IMEI number?
You might need to check your Samsung IMEI number for various reasons. Here are some of them:
- To check if your phone is genuine or not
- To know the warranty status of your phone
- To check if your phone is blacklisted or not
- To track your lost or stolen phone
How to check Samsung IMEI number?
There are different ways to check the IMEI number of your Samsung phone:
- Dial *#06# – This is the easiest way to check your Samsung IMEI number. Just dial *#06# on your phone and the IMEI number will be displayed on the screen.
- Check the phone settings – You can also check the IMEI number by going to the phone settings. Go to Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI Information.
- Check the phone box – The IMEI number is also printed on the phone box. Check the label on the box and you will find the IMEI number.
- Remove the battery – If your phone has a removable battery, you can remove it and check the IMEI number on the back of the phone.
How to check if your Samsung phone is genuine?
Counterfeit Samsung phones are very common in the market. To check if your Samsung phone is genuine or not, follow these steps:
- Check the packaging and the accessories – Genuine Samsung phones come with high-quality packaging and accessories. If you find any discrepancies, then it might be a fake phone.
- Check the IMEI number – As mentioned earlier, check the IMEI number of your phone and compare it with the one written on the box. If they don’t match, then it might be a fake phone.
- Check the Samsung website – You can also check the genuine status of your Samsung phone by entering the IMEI number on the Samsung website. If it is a genuine phone, then you will get the details of your phone.
How to check the warranty status of your Samsung phone?
If you want to check the warranty status of your Samsung phone, follow these steps:
- Go to the Samsung website – Visit the Samsung website and go to the support section.
- Enter the IMEI number – Enter the IMEI number of your phone and click on the search button.
- Check the warranty status – You will get the details of your phone, including the warranty status.
How to check if your Samsung phone is blacklisted?
If your Samsung phone is lost or stolen, you might want to check if it is blacklisted or not. A blacklisted phone cannot be used on any network. To check if your phone is blacklisted or not, follow these steps:
- Visit the IMEI blacklist checker website – There are many websites that offer IMEI blacklist checker services. Visit any of them and enter the IMEI number of your phone.
- Check the result – If your phone is blacklisted, then it will be mentioned in the result. If it is not blacklisted, then your phone is safe to use.
How to track your lost or stolen Samsung phone?
If your Samsung phone is lost or stolen, you can track it using the IMEI number. Here are the steps:
- Report the loss or theft – First, report the loss or theft of your phone to the police.
- Contact your service provider – Contact your service provider and give them the IMEI number of your phone. They will blacklist the phone so that it cannot be used on any network.
- Track the phone – You can also track your phone using the IMEI number. There are many websites and apps that offer phone tracking services.
Now that you know how to check the Samsung IMEI number, you can ensure the genuineness of your phone, check the warranty status, and track your lost or stolen phone. Always keep your IMEI number safe and secure as it is very important for your phone’s security.