Samsung KG State Unlock: Everything You Need to Know
If you are a Samsung user, you may have come across the term “KG State.” KG State is a security measure that Samsung uses to protect its devices from unauthorized access. However, there are instances where you may need to unlock your KG State, such as when installing custom ROMs or rooting your device. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about Samsung KG State unlock.
What is KG State?
KG State is a security feature that Samsung introduced on its devices in 2017. It is a form of “Knox Guard” that prevents unauthorized access to the device’s bootloader. The bootloader is the first stage in the boot process that loads the operating system. KG State ensures that only authorized firmware can be loaded onto the device. This prevents malware and other security threats from compromising the device.
Why Would You Want to Unlock KG State?
Unlocking KG State is necessary if you want to perform certain operations on your Samsung device. For example, if you want to install a custom ROM or root your device, you need to unlock the bootloader. KG State prevents unauthorized access to the bootloader, making it impossible to perform these operations.
How to Check KG State on Your Samsung Device
You can check the KG State on your Samsung device by following these steps:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “About Phone.”
- Look for the “Software Information” section.
- Find the “Build Number” and tap it seven times.
- You will see a message that says “Developer Options Enabled.”
- Go back to “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “Developer Options.”
- Find “OEM Unlocking” and “KG State” in the menu.
How to Unlock KG State on Your Samsung Device
Unlocking KG State on your Samsung device is not a straightforward process. The method you use will depend on the model of your device and the firmware version. Here are some general steps that you can follow:
- Enable Developer Options on your device (see previous section).
- Enable OEM unlocking in Developer Options.
- Download and install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Download the appropriate firmware for your device.
- Extract the firmware and find the BOOT.img file.
- Boot your device into Download Mode (hold down Power, Volume Down, and Bixby buttons).
- Connect your device to your PC with a USB cable.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window on your PC and run the following command: “fastboot flashing unlock”
- Your device will reboot, and KG State will be unlocked.
It is essential to note that unlocking KG State may void your device’s warranty and may cause irreparable damage to your device. Proceed with caution and at your own risk.
Samsung KG State is a security feature that protects your device from unauthorized access. However, there are instances where you may need to unlock it, such as when installing custom ROMs or rooting your device. Unlocking KG State is not a straightforward process and may void your device’s warranty. If you are not confident in your abilities, it is best to seek professional help.